Rights, Respect and Responsibility
We are a Rights Respecting school……….and Unicef agree with us.
At Kings Furlong we work hard to develop every child’s ability to interact with others and be happy within themselves. We do this through Circle time, P.S.H.E. (Personal, Social &Health Education), SEALs (Social & Emotional Aspects of Learning) and RRR (Rights, Respect & Responsibility).
The RRR award that we received from Unicef praised:
- Our use of circle time to give pupils a voice.
- The caring nature of our children who support local/world charities & are involved in improving the environment (Eco Stars).
- The respect between children.
- The respect between all adults and children.
- Our pupils’ knowledge of their rights, and just as importantly, their responsibilities that go with them.
The winning entry of the Rights Respecting Families competition was by Jasmine in 4D: