Please see Latest News Documents for a helpful guide to keeping your child safe on the internet.
Key points for keeping your child safe on the internet:
- Set boundaries in the online world just as you would in the real world.
- Talk to your child about what they are up to online. Don’t leave them alone!
- Keep up-to-date with your child’s development online. How are they communicating with others online?
- Keep all equipment that connects to the internet in a family space.
- Know what connects to the internet and how.
- Use parental controls on devices that link to the internet, such as the TV, laptops, computers, games consoles and mobile phones.
- Lock down sites so that the information is not public.
- Obey age restrictions, particularly on social media sites.
See what the NSPCC has to say here!